TA vacancy at our nursery
18th October 2018
Are you passionate about Early Years education?
Lowick First School is looking for an enthusiastic person to work in our school nursery. We need someone with an appropriate and accredited Early Years qualification to at least level 3.
We currently take three and four year olds. (We also take ‘rising 3s’ which mean children can start in the term they turn 3). The nursery building is on the school site and has access to our extensive grounds. It does have its own dedicated outdoor area which we would like to develop further into an outstanding learning area.
This is an exciting time for us as we are expanding our current 15 hour offer to 30 hours as well as extended provision before and after school.
Our expectations of the post:
- To support the nursery teacher in the day to day working of the nursery and where appropriate to work with the First School staff and children in the main school.
- Provide a safe, caring and stimulating environment for the children.
- To work collaboratively with a caring and friendly team - currently our children benefit greatly from working together with first school children at certain points in the week.
- To build links and work in close partnership with current and prospective parents, carers and professionals to promote the well - being of the children.
- To support the delivery of the Early Years Foundation Stage in partnership with the first school.
- To follow and support the policies, procedures and practices within the Nursery, including all relevant legislation.
- To support and further our values, in particular the Christian ethos that comes with being a church school.
- To work flexibly, including with some time spent in the main school as well as in the Nursery area.
Tasks and responsibilities to include:
- To support the day to day operation of the nursery to ensure that high standards are developed and maintained throughout.
- Keep up to date in your knowledge of legislation, guidelines and policies to ensure the Children’s Act and the Early Years Foundation Stage Welfare Requirements are met at all times.
- Support staff in the development and delivery of high quality planning, observation and assessment procedures to ensure appropriate, engaging and exciting provision
- Ensure that appropriate records and administration systems are maintained to ensure confidentiality of information.
- To act as an ambassador for the nursery and maintain a positive image of its aims and objectives, undertaking a key role in promotion and development of the nursery.
- To attend and participate in staff meetings and planning and development days.
- To celebrate diversity in terms of language, culture, ability, race and religion to benefit the education of the children.
- Take an active and knowledgeable part in delivering the EYFS curriculum and maintain accurate and effective children’s records.
- To ensure that a shared responsibility for health, safety and cleanliness is present throughout the nursery.
Qualifications, training and experience:
- A relevant Early Years Level 3 or above childcare qualification
- Experienced in (and passionate about) working with young children.
- An in-depth knowledge of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, especially as it relates to Early Years Foundation Stage Welfare.
- Able to communicate effectively and to build positive relationships, including with the wider community
- Paediatric First Aid qualification or a willingness to gain one within three months of starting work
- Sound knowledge of Early Years Foundation Stage through prior work experience
- Experience in tracking progress and assessing accurately within the Early Years context
- Interest and/or experience in outdoor learning – we have great grounds and we like to make use of them
- It would be an advantage if you are able to be flexible with your working hours
We are looking for someone who is willing, has initiative, and is enthusiastic and excited about working with Early Years age children. We would also like someone with lots of common sense!
Closing date: 7th November 2018 at 12 noon. Interview date: 12th November 2018
Application documents available from the North East Jobs Website (see link at top of the page).