23rd May 2018
Are you passionate about Early Years education?
Lowick First School is looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic person to lead our school nursery. This could be someone with an appropriate Early Years qualification (level 3 or higher) or a qualified teacher.
We currently take three and four year olds. (We also take ‘rising 3s’ which mean children can start in the term they turn 3). The nursery building is on the school site and has access to our extensive grounds. It does have its own dedicated outdoor area which we would like to develop further into an outstanding learning area.
This is an exciting time for us as we are seeking to expand our current 15 hour offer to 30 hours as well as extended provision before and after school.
Our expectations of the post:
- To be responsible for the development and day to day working of the Nursery with support from the Headteacher and staff of the First School
- Provide a safe, caring and stimulating environment for the children.
- To work collaboratively with a caring and friendly team - currently our children benefit greatly from working together with first school children at certain points in the week.
- To build links and work in close partnership with current and prospective parents, carers and professionals to promote the well - being of the children.
- To develop and implement Early Years Foundation Stage in partnership with the first school.
- To implement policies, procedures and practices within the Nursery, including all relevant legislation.
- To support and further our values, in particular the Christian ethos that comes with being a church school.
Tasks and responsibilities to include:
- To undertake the day to day management of the nursery to ensure that high standards are developed and maintained throughout.
- Keep abreast of legislation, guidelines and policies to ensure the Children’s Act and the Early Years Foundation Stage Welfare Requirements are met at all times.
- Support staff in the development and maintenance of high quality planning, observation and assessment procedures to ensure appropriate, engaging and exciting provision
- Ensure that appropriate records and administration systems are maintained to ensure confidentiality of information.
- Supervise and provide advice, guidance and training to all staff, students, trainees and others on work placements or work experience.
- Ensure nursery staff training and development plans are up to date and continued professional development is identified at staff appraisals, in partnership with the Headteacher.
- To act as an ambassador for the nursery and maintain a positive image of its aims and objectives, undertaking a key role in promotion and development of the nursery.
- To attend and participate in staff meetings and planning and development days.
- To celebrate diversity in terms of language, culture, ability, race and religion to benefit the education of the children.
- Take an active and knowledgeable part in planning for the EYFS curriculum and maintain accurate and effective children’s records.
- To ensure that a shared responsibility for health, safety and cleanliness is present throughout the nursery.
Qualifications, training and experience:
- A minimum of a full and relevant Level 3 or above childcare qualification
- Experienced in working with Early Years children.
- An in-depth knowledge of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Able to communicate effectively and to build positive relationships, including with the wider community
- Sound knowledge of Early Years Foundation Stage
- Able to track progress and assess accurately within the Early Years context
- Good understanding of The Children Act and Early Years Foundation Stage Welfare
- Paediatric First Aid qualification or a willingness to gain one within three months of starting work
- Training Experience
- Interest in outdoor learning – we have great grounds and we like to make use of them!
- Experience in managing other staff effectively and positively