Vacancy for a teaching assistant
2nd February 2022
We are looking for an enthusiastic, adaptable and caring person to join our friendly school team to start as soon as possible.
Lowick C of E First School is looking for someone to join our school as a Teaching Assistant. You would be working across the nursery and the main school in Lowick to support the teachers across different classes. We are a very small school so you will have the chance to work with children from age 2 to 9 at different times. This will also give you the opportunity for training, support and team work with the wider group of staff.
We need someone who:
- Cares about children and supporting their learning journey in a fun and supportive way
- Is friendly and helpful
- Is willing to be adaptable according to the needs of the school and the children
- Can communicate effectively
- Likes to be active and to be outdoors
- Will be an ambassador for our school with the local community and supports our school ethos
In return we can offer:
- The chance to work with a friendly and experienced team of teachers and teaching assistants
- The opportunity to learn and develop your skills
- A rewarding job working with young children
Application forms and further documentation can be downloaded from the school website or from Jobs North East. Completed application forms should be returned to the school or emailed to email@example.com
Please feel very welcome to get in touch with us in school if you would like to talk about the role or visit the school ahead of applying. Our school number is 01289 388268.
Closing Date: 12pm Friday 11th February 2022
Interviews planned for the week commencing 14th February
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this post.
The position is permanent. Salary: £8187 - £8351 per annum.
The position is expected to be 19 hours a week. We need someone for Wednesday afternoons and also for two other days. The ability to do after school care for two hours (until 5pm) two days of the week would be an advantage. Please note that the contract is for term time plus 5 training days.