Vacancy for a school cook
14th January 2022
Lowick C of E First School is looking for a new School Cook
- The role is for a permanent contract
- Part Time Term Time plus 5 days
- Variable hours contract range 15-30, initially 20 hours per week with an option to add 5 hours cleaning
- Band 4
- £20,092 (FTE) per annum - £9,329.20 pro rata for 20 hours or £11,664.22 for 25 hours.
Lowick C of E First School is a happy and friendly first school and nursery with a caring and inclusive ethos. We have a strong staff team and supportive school community. Further information about the school can be found on our website.
Our governors are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated School Cook to join our very successful team as soon as possible.
You will be required to
- Prepare, cook and serve food following agreed menus and accommodating any special dietary requirements.
- Maintain a high standard of cleanliness in the school kitchen including equipment and surrounding working areas.
- Comply with all food and Health and Safety standards and regulations.
- Take responsibility for maintaining and ordering stock and ensure appropriate storage and labelling procedures are followed.
The successful candidate must:
- have a basic food hygiene certificate
- knowledge of health and safety regulations
- have ability to adapt and organise self and work without supervision
- have recent and relevant experience of working in a kitchen, experience of working in a school kitchen would be an advantage
- have confidence in their own literacy and numeracy skills
- have a sense of humour
In return we can offer the chance to be part of a well-established and successful school team. You would have support from the team at Northumberland County Council school meals team who would conduct training, support with health and safety, menus and suppliers as well as delivering a full induction.
We are strongly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure is required for this post.
Informal discussions or visits to the school prior to interview are welcome – please contact the school office on 01289 388268.
Candidates must use the application forms to apply for the job. Completed applications should be returned directly to the school either in paper format (Lowick C of E First School, 30 Main Street, Lowick, TD15 2UA) or electronically via email to email@example.com
Closing Date for applications: 12 noon on Monday 24th January.
Interviews planned for Wednesday 26th January.